The use of sex toys can help with certain disorders such as Erectile Dysfunction, Genital Arousal Disorder, and Hypoactive Sexual Disorder. Many people find that sex toys help deal with sexual side effects from certain drugs, health conditions, or menopause, such as a decreased sex drive and diminished sensation in their genitals.
What are the various types of sex toys available?
There are thousands upon thousands of sex toys available. Here are the most commonly used ones:
- Vibrators (also known as vibrations, personal massagers, or vibes) — These objects vibrate (move continually/buzz) to stimulate your sexual organs. Vibrators are used to stimulate the clitoris and other parts of the vulva and vagina. However, vibrators can also stimulate your penis, scrotum, testicles, nipples, or anus. You can find vibrators in many sizes. Some are designed to fit inside an anus or vaginal opening, while others are intended for use outside the body.
- Dildos — These are objects that go inside a stomach, anus, or mouth. Although they come in many different sizes, dildos are often shaped like a penis. Some look like real penises while others are more abstract. To stimulate your prostate and g-spot, they can be slightly curved. Dildos are made from many materials such as silicone, rubber, and metal.
- Anal toys —Sex toys that stimulate and/or move inside your anus. Anal toys are plugs (also known as butt plugs), anal beads, and prostate massagers. Anal toys can only be used safely if you use lube. You must use lube to prevent toys from getting stuck in your butt. If your sex toy gets stuck inside your butt, you might need to visit the doctor.
- Sleeves (also known as masturbation, penis, or strokers), — Soft tubes in which you place your penis. Sleeves come in a variety of sizes and can have different textures inside. Some sleeves even have vibrations or suction. There are strokers available that can be used for the larger clitoris or smaller penis. These are especially useful for trans people and those who use hormone therapy.
- Vacuum Pumps — These vacuum-like devices use either a battery-powered or hand-powered pump to create suction in the area of your penis and clitoris. Pumps stimulate blood flow which increases sensation and sensitivity. People also enjoy the sensation of suction. Penis pumps may help your erection but won’t permanently make your penis larger. Some pumps are made to treat Erectile Dysfunction, Genital Arousal Disorder, and Orgasm Disorder. To learn more about these pumps, ask a doctor or nurse like those at your Planned Parents. The majority of pumps sold in sex shops and adult shops aren’t medical devices. Instead, they are designed to enhance sexual pleasure and masturbation. You should always follow the packaging instructions. Don’t pump longer than recommended. If you have a blood disorder or are taking blood-thinning medication, talk to your doctor before pumping.
- Harnesses– They hold a packer, dildo, or other sexy to your body. Some can be worn in underwear or as jockstraps. Others may be used to wrap around other parts of the body like your thighs.
It can be overwhelming to choose from so many types of sex toys and how to use them. A visit to a shop to ask about different products and to get advice from staff can help you learn more about sex toys. You can also simply try out what you find interesting and see where it leads. It’s possible to decide that sex toys might not be for you. You should know that there are many choices for different body types and types of sex. So, no matter who or what type of sex you have, sex toys may be an option.
Is there a place to buy sex toys
Sex toys can be purchased at specialty shops, sometimes called sex shops, adult stores, or sex shops. The policy of each store may dictate that you must be at least 16 or 18 to shop there. You may find a limited selection of popular sex toys in large retail stores, pharmacies, and drug stores.
Many sex brands and stores have websites that allow you to order products online. Most often, they mail the product in plain packaging. Trusted stores and websites with detailed information about their products are best to ensure your sex toy is authentic.
Some online sex store Australia cater to specific customers, such as women or members of the LGBTQ community. Some sex stores that cater to LGBTQ and women are LGBTQ-oriented, while others are feminist.