Ways You Can Help Your Dog Lose Weight

Around 56% of dogs in America are obese and overweight. This is a dangerous problem as excess weight could lead to a myriad of severe health issues such as heart disease, diabetes, etc. To prevent such conditions to happen, it is very important to take quick measures to bring your dog’s weight under control.

Let us see what a dog owner can do to help dogs safely shed extra pounds and keep them in good condition.

JustCBD Store is one of the most reliable places where you can buy the best quality CBD gummies for dogs. Their amazingly formulated CBD products are designed to offer the most therapeutic benefits to both people and pets both. 

The food factor

It is important to understand that to achieve weight loss in dogs and humans, 60% to 70% focus should be on the diet and the remaining 30% to 40% should be on exercise. So feed your dog right and get him into physical activity to keep daily caloric intake in check. Doing this consistently will help manage his weight easily.

Quantity of feeding

Along with the type of foods, the quantity of food is also very important to consider. As every dog is different, get the help of your vet to determine his daily calorie needs and the right amount of food to be fed to him on an everyday basis.

For example, if you are looking to feed bread to your dog, then pay attention to his breed, activity level, size, spayed or neutered to arrive at the right quantity of food for him.

The Resting Energy Requirement formula is beneficial for at-home calculation: Dog’s weight in kilograms* 30 + 70. The resultant figure is the daily energy needs of your dog. Based on this calculation, you can design the meal for your dog.

Divide meals into smaller portions

Feed meals in smaller portions to your dog. It is another helpful way to reduce your dog’s weight. A dog owner should divide the daily meal of a dog into 3 -6 portions. The idea behind this trick is that multiple, and small meals need more energy to digest food that helps burn more calories in the body.

Feeding small-sized meals every 4 to 6 hours keeps his insulin levels stable and lowers appetite spikes. In this way, it keeps his tummy full throughout the day.

Type of Food

Always feed freshly cooked food that is low in carbs and fat content. Prefer homemade food over processed ones as they are loaded with carb-based fillers. The dog’s diet should be balanced in two key nutrients such as carbs and proteins.

Prefer fresh diets that provide quality protein, moisture, and fiber to keep him satisfied. Feed nutrient-dense, and bioavailable food to keep your dog healthy. Such foods also reduce their overall requirement of food daily.


Too much body weight can put your dog’s health at risk. All the above weight management tips are approved by a vet to ensure a safe and healthy reduction of weight.